Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Teacher Aide Jobs

Teacher's Assistant Jobs - Are You Interested in Becoming a Teacher Assistant?
Teacher assistants will provide instruction and other support for classroom teachers, which will allow a professional instructor to have more time to plan lessons and to teach. These educational professionals will help supervise students on field trips, the schoolyard, the cafeteria, and hallways, and they may record grades and prepare materials for a more experienced educational professional.
Some teachers assistants will perform clerical tasks, with many performing a combination of instructional and support duties. At the high school or middle school level, a teaching assistant will usually help a teacher prepare special projects or prepare equipment for a demonstration.
Besides helping to supervise and instruct a student, assistants will help grade papers, check homework, type, keep attendance records, and operate audiovisual equipment. The vast majority of teaching assistants will work in primary and secondary education, with some working in preschools and child care. The working conditions of these instructors will involve a fairly stressful environment with forty percent of these individuals working part time.
Most teachers assistants will work 40 hours a week, and their work can be very rewarding, especially if one likes working with children.
In order to receive the job, an individual must have at least a high school diploma and on the job training, with most teaching assistants receiving at least an associates degree in order to be able to teach at a public school. In addition, many schools will require background checks, a valid drivers license, and experience in working with children.
In 2006, teaching aides had about 1.3 million jobs in America, with 75% working for public and private schools, and the remaining 25% being employed by childcare centers and religious groups. Each state has different requirements for this job. Generally, you are required to have a high school degree. However, you will have higher chances of getting a position if you have enrolled in a college course related to education and teaching. There are some schools primarily with students from low income families that have higher requirement for the teachers' aide applicants. Your work experience also matters when candidates for teachers' aides are evaluated.


Post a Comment